We are dedicated to providing our customers with only the best in customer service and product offerings. We are retail! Further, we are committed to our staff and to providing a positive work environment wherein our employees can achieve career growth and fulfillment in fast paced, challenging, team based and goal oriented company culture. We believe these two goals are not only compatible, but interdependent. Our full Benefit Package includes:
Requirements for all available positions:
Bloomingdale Location Employment
Carpentersville Location Employment
• Greet every customer in a courteous, friendly manner (in person and on the phone)
• Ensure planting crew has correct design, materials, tools and equipment necessary for completing each project accurately.
• Plan and supervise all work processes to maximize productivity.
• Knowledge of extensive planting and landscaping procedures, including placement, fertilizing and mulching of product(s).
• Knowledge of J.U.L.I.E. criteria for careful installations and plantings.
• Knowledge of hardscapes-pavers, flagstone, retaining walls.
• Ability to work in outdoor conditions for extended period time
• Ability to lift 50 pounds throughout the day
• Able to work as part of a team to achieve productivity goals.
Provide tour of nursery sales yard and describe materials used in landscape design
• Receive, unpack, price, and display merchandise
• Provide cultural care advice to customers and answer any questions regarding trees, shrubs, evergreens, soils, mulches and stone
• Home consultations with clients to perform site analysis, listen to customer wish list, discuss budget etc.
• Ability to create landscape designs by hand, or with software
• Perform take offs from designs to create a bid using Platt Hill Nursery formulas
• Source material both hard goods and green goods
• Basic understanding of construction details to help the landscape foreman with troubleshooting
• Knowledge of perennials, trees, shrubs, evergreens, soils, mulches, brick pavers and stone
Please send landscape foreman, laborer and designer application/resume at Carpentersville via fax 847-428-3812 or email: email@example.com