What to do if your tree is damaged:
After the vicious winter, you can expect harm on your property, specifically your trees. At Platt Hill Nursery, we understand it can be stressful to deal with a damaged tree. If your tree has been harmed, follow the important steps below.
- Assess the damage
- Look for branches with significant foliage that has broken off
- Observe to see if the trunk has begun to split. If trunk has split, it is time for the tree to be removed.
- If tree trunk is not split, it is essential to call an arborist for further investigation
- If aborsit determines your tree can be saved, do not prune the intact branches to ensure it can recover smoothly.
- Visit Platt Hill Nursery to purchase a new hardy tree.
To learn more about how you can safely prune your tree, refer to our pruning guide. For more information or to purchase a new tree, contact Platt Hill Nursery or visit one of our locations today.